Jan 28, 2011

Somebody get me a bar of soap!!

Yesterday was a monumental day in my household. Actually, it happened at Target (which is my second home). No, we did not lose our first tooth (way too old for that) nor did we buy our first bra (WAY too young for that)......it was the day of the first (real) cuss word! Oh I am sure every mom remembers this moment from when their children were young, the first time they crossed over to the dark side and uttered a horrible word that makes every mom cringe. Of course, Kate and Alex are way too thoughtful to let this first happen at the privacy of our own home.....no, they felt the need to share it with the retail world. So like I said, we were at Target, just purchased popcorn and an icee (which is a Target essential), and the girls were fighting over the popcorn. Kate said something to Alex about stealing the popcorn. At that moment, probably the quietest moment I have ever experienced, Alex yelled out "Mom, Kate called me a #@%&$!!!" I think I was in shock. I was also looking around me for protective services to swoop in and steal my kids away from me. She managed to say the cuss word 2 more times before I could quiet her down and explain that we don't use language like that......oh, life with Kate and Alex never gets old!!

**Please note, Kate did not actually call her that name. Alex misunderstood. So, while you may think I am a horrible mother, I beg to differ because only 50% of my children have potty mouths..... Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment